Saturday, August 7, 2010

Weekend Worship - Tossed by the Waves

As a result, we are no longer to be children, tossed here and there by waves , and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming; Eph 4:14 NASB

As you may have guessed by now, I love spending time at the beach, looking at the gorgeous view, picking up seashells in the sand, and drifting in the ocean with the gentle rise and fall of the waves. It's one of my favorite vacations. One thing I don’t like about the beach—getting from the shore to the deeper part of the water, where it's calmer. The breaking waves, found close to the shore, can often knock me off my feet. It’s hard to gauge when one is coming, how strong it will be, or where to turn to avoid it.

I’ve found that my walk with God is a lot like that. When I walk along the shore and look into the vast ocean of God’s will, it’s beautiful, but daunting. And when I’m afraid to commit myself one way or the other and stand in the rough surf, I’m pounded by waves from every direction, not able to judge my situation accurately. But, when I commit completely and immerse myself in God, I’m gently cushioned and rocked, surrounded by his love and able to see the world from His point of view.

So take a chance, take that plunge through the surf, don’t camp out there. Instead, commit yourself completely to doing things God’s way.

Don't forget to join the conversation!
Blessings,
Edie

No comments:

Post a Comment